Cry Me A Rivers

I was so excited this weekend because my sweet friend Deeann Carson came to Memphis and stayed with us Friday night. She put on a painting workshop for a group of women in Bartlett and I told her I would come by Saturday and take some pictures of them painting. So, I loaded Rivers in the car and headed out there. Little did I know that Rivers was about to have the worst day of his 7 weeks on this earth. We got to the house and I was going to put him in his sling so I could take pictures. I did not realize that he was so HUGE that his body would not fit in it anymore. I walk in the house and Rivers is spilling over crying while I am entering this peaceful, artistic home. You can just imagine how horrified I was. I stood in the kitchen trying everything I could to get him to calm down. Nothing worked so I headed back out to the car to change him and put him in his better fitted carrier. Once we got in the car the crying hit an all new level. I mean, sweating and red faced. I got nervous that something was really wrong, but he eventually calmed down and started to fall asleep. We went back in to the house where the workshop was taking place and of course as soon as my hand touched the door knob Rivers starts screaming. I then did all I knew to do...I gave up and left. My sweet friend Deeann tried to reassure me that I did not totally ruin their amazing workshop, but I am not convinced and I cried all the way home as Rivers was (of course) fast asleep. He is so darn adorable I can't even be frustrated with him. Here are the pictures that I managed to snap while Rivers was screaming. Check out Deeann's website also. She is amazing!!! She does these workshops all over and if you are interested you can email her. PS: I won't bring Rivers to your workshop :) http://www.joydeeann.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment