It all started with a trip to the zoo on a beautiful afternoon. We had a lot of fun and by the end Rivers was really tired. He has not been feeling that well lately. When he gets tired he is extremely active or "lively" if you will. On certain occasions Rivers goes past the point of tired and is like a crazed person (I am exagertaing for the purpose of the story of course). It doesn't happen too often but Mitchell and I have dubbed this alter ego "Alejandro". We tend to meet Alejandro in public or small spaces like an airplane or in this case a restaurant.
On this night I said to Mitchell, "I think Alejandro will be joining us for dinner tonight." Boy was I right! Rivers started yelling, threw a crayon into my water, and was grabbing everything in sight, including people in the booth behind us, window blinds, plates, silverware, and me (picture Hungry Hungry Hipo but instead of hipo heads its Rivers hands). Its like he gets so tired he goes crazy. We had just started eating our salads when we hit the wall. Judah (who hardly ever fusses) started crying and when I went to pick him up we realized that he had poop all up his back. Mitchell and I looked at each other, shook our heads, and decided to put the kids in the car and get our food to go. As we drove home with two crying children we both just started laughing. What else could we do? When we got home, Rivers went to bed immediately and Judah layed on a blanket sweetly cooing while Mitchell and I ate out of styrofoam boxes. To top it all off Mitchell's food was not right and for him that is a deal breaker. I think it was one of my favorite Valentines yet.
Thank you Lord for my sweet family and this wonderful season of life that we are in. I wouldn't change it for the world!!

Oh, a day in the life!! I LOVE it! And more than that, I love YOUR heart to always choose joy and laughter! You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this story! Sounds similar to many we have had. :) Glad you at least got take out. And love that you are enjoying the journey. It's so much more fun that way.
ReplyDeletehilarious! i love that he has an alter-ego name. i'm totally stealing that. my little guy gets cr-aaa-zy like that too.
ReplyDelete