It's a boy!!!


We are thrilled to find out a few weeks ago that we are having a boy! It was the neatest experience to see him on the ultrasound. The last time we saw him he was a small peanut and now he is 90z and 6 1/2 inches long. According to my weekly emails he is the size of an heirloom tomato. Only my dad, a true tomato lover, understood that comparison. His name is Rivers David Glass and he is beginning to move more and more. Mitchell has not been able to feel the movements from the outside yet but I tell him it feels like a fish wiggling around. Mitchell and I are so excited about the journey ahead of us with a son. I can't wait to find out what he is like. My mom wrote a precious poem about the baby that I think sums up a lot of our curiosities.

Oh Baby Mine
What will you be, oh baby mine?
A girl who plays dolls and wears ribbons and lace,
A boy on a scooter with dirt on his face,
Either girl or boy- my heart does pine.

What will you look like, oh baby mine?
Will you be a curly top with a ready smile,
Or tall and handsome with legs stretching a mile,
A combination- suits me just fine.

What will you act like, oh baby mine?
Will you be full of wonder and on the move,
Or quiet and pensive with a silly groove,
You will be you- one of a kind.

I know who you are, oh baby mine.
The miracle of love of a woman and man,
The gift from a God with a perfect plan,
A grandchild to love- through all of time.

So grow healthy and strong, my sweet butterbean,
With a heart full of compassion and love,
With a mind bright for knowledge from above,
I love you so much- oh baby mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment